Make a Coinbase Deposit
Coinbase is one of the most popular cryptocurrency exchanges and is considered the on-ramp to the crypto world. As of this writing, you can sell BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCC for fiat currency. Since very few exchanges offer to convert to fiat, this becomes the go-to when you need to cash out. This guide will go step-by-step on making a Coinbase deposit!
If you have not signed up for an account, please consider using my referral link! We both get $10 in BTC if you purchase more than $100.
NOTE: This does not cover making a fiat deposit into Coinbase. That will come in another article. This article shows you how to get your Coinbase wallet address to be able to deposit cryptocurrency.
Steps to make a Coinbase Deposit
1. Go to the Coinbase website and sign in
2. Click on the “Accounts” tab
3. Find the cryptocurrency you want to send and click the “Receive” button. In this example I want to receive Bitcoin (BTC), but the steps are the same for all of the cryptocurrencies Coinbase offers.
4. A warning will pop-up letting you know that you should only send BTC to this address. This is IMPORTANT because you will LOSE whatever you send if it is not BTC. Click the “Show Address” button.
5. The wallet address will be revealed, which is where you will send your BTC. Note that the address will change over time, but it is a security feature and not a bug.
That’s is all you need to make a Coinbase deposit. The wallet or exchange you will be sending from will likely ask for a recipient or receiving address. You would put the address revealed in the last step of this guide in that field. Check out the article on how to withdraw from Binance to see an example.
When the time comes to convert your cryptocurrency to fiat currency, you will probably need to make a Coinbase deposit. Coinbase allows you to connect to bank accounts and debit/credit cards. This makes it very easy to convert back to fiat currency. Be sure to check out the Exchanges tutorial page for more great guides of various exchanges!